24 Apr 2017
Hi, everyone! My name is Samantha Arnold and I am a Reservations Agent at Jackson Hole Resort Lodging. Like many locals, I moved here for the best skiing and riding in North America. With spring in full effect and winter now in our past, I am beyond excited for my first summer in Jackson Hole! I want to share with you all the top ten things I am looking forward to and hope that you can be eager for the same!
1. The trails from the Tram are home to my favorite terrain at the resort. The tram ride always provides a thrill so taking it up the mountain and being able to hike down is at the top of my to-do list. 10,450 feet of elevation is no joke- so I will be sure to bring my sunscreen and lots of water. I cannot wait to explore these trails filled with local flowers… or maybe I’m just in it for the waffles in Corbett’s Cabin.
2. Adventuring into Yellowstone and going on a Wildlife Safari is a must-do for me. Judging from the fox, coyote, moose, and elk I have encountered driving around town, I can only imagine what type of wildlife I will come across.
3. After seeing the Snake River from the top of the mountain so many times, I am very eager to explore it. Rafting companies throughout the valley can take you through the wild and scenic river with an experienced white water rafting guides. You should go find out for yourself why they call it “The Snake”!
4. My new bike is all tuned up and ready to go! Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has designed a full bike park with trails for riders of all availabilities. As a beginner, I plan to get the hang of Mountain Biking early in the season on some of the green trails around the Bridger Gondola. My goal for the end of the summer is to be able to ride the expert trails with all the jumps…I cannot wait to get some air and “send it!!”
5. Am I worried that there is no ocean you ask? Not when there are so many lakes in the Grand Teton National Park! Water-skiing, tubing, and boating, here I come! I also plan to stop at Signal Mountain Lodge for some great dining and access to fishing, scenic river float trips, canoeing, and kayaking. I hear the nachos and margaritas are a local favorite.
6. Speaking of dining- some of my favorite places in Teton Village and the town of Jackson provide awesome outdoor dining possibilities. With it staying light until so late, I have heard it is a great time to sit outside on the patio at The Spur at the base of the resort or ride the gondola up to The Deck and enjoy apps and happy hour at 9,095 feet! What could be better than that? If I am in town, I will be sure to go sit outside at Café Genevieve (a historic log cabin on the Town Square) or Snake River Brewery (Wyoming’s oldest Brewery!).
7. On days I am craving a little adventure and not a full excursion, I will definitely head to Teton Village to tackle the ropes course, drop tower, and bungee trampolines at the Grand Adventure Park. This is a great way for adults to feel like kids too!
8. The high elevation in Jackson Hole does not just mean I have to stay extra hydrated… it also means I can see the stars like never before!! This is because you are looking through much less atmosphere than you would from sea level. With Wyoming Stargazing, you can see planets galaxies and more! This is not to mention the solar eclipse passes directly through Jackson Hole in August, but I will save more about that for another time…
9. While climbing the Grand is definitely on my bucket list, I am not sure I have the hiking experience for this yet. I am thrilled to learn about the Via Ferrata that Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is opening this year. This is a one of a kind of experience where I will be able to climb through the Tetons like a pro but be secured to a cable, providing a safer climbing option!!
10. I am not horsing around when I say I have never gone Horseback Riding. Luckily for me, Jackson Hole is the perfect spot to try! Mill Iron Ranch offers a guided “2 Hour Mountain Horseback Trail Ride” that is rated the #1 two hour trail ride in the United States. Giddy up!
I hope that all of my summer plans make you look forward to coming to Jackson Hole! Don’t have a trip planned? Give us a call at 1-800-443-8613 or reach us at email@example.com to book your Jackson Hole vacation!